Ingredients used in most mineral makeup wrinkle products
We should prepare our face naturally every day to look its best, be it cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing or keeping it hydrated always for a long lasting effect. If our skin stays dehydrated for long, dryness or wrinkles will obviously enhance. There are many natural products available to take care of our skin, but some chemicals derived from different minerals when used in mineral makeup wrinkle products proportionately will always give us better result. These let our skin breath and stay healthy. Some of the useful minerals are listed below.
- Titanium Dioxide: one of the major ingredients used in many of the mineral makeups wrinkle products which offer sun protection and has high coverage. This is used in many sunscreens and mineral makeup wrinkle products for its reflective quality and reduces the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pore.
- Zinc Oxide: This also has sun protection quality and used in many sunscreens. It helps in reducing skin irritation and redness.
- Talc: surprisingly talk is a mineral (Magnesium Silicate Hydroxide) which was supposed to be harmful but due to refining, becomes safer and gives high coverage and smooth appearance.
- Bismuth Oxychloride: offers luminosity and shine to the makeup. It also gives smooth appearance and texture without creating fine lines over the wrinkles. This product may not suit everybody so it’s wiser to check before usage since it may irritate the skin.
- Silica: It’s an absorbent and used in products for oil control. It has a light scattering property that reduces fine lines and also helps in keeping the makeup longer. But small amount of crystalline quartz if present in silica may have carcinogenic effect. Hence its always better to check for ingredients before using. This is generously used in mineral makeup wrinkle products.
- Cornstarch: this forms a main ingredient in many mineral veils but this is a vegetable starch which has a shelf life. Though expert says powder having cornstarch is safe but some people have had skin irritation.
- Kaolin Clay: also known as China clay offers great adhesion and creamy texture. It’s a high absorbent This pure clay helps the face look and feel silky.
- Rice powder: It’s known for its oil absorbing quality and is a better alternative to cornstarch. It has a much longer shelf life if stored properly. It gives our skin matt finish.
- Boron Nitride: this has a anti-bacterial properties and also oil absorbing function. It forms a good makeup adherence and is used in mainly glows and veils.
- Oil and fragrances: Most good companies use natural oils and fragrances to the mineral makeups which also gives shelf life the products. Few people are allergic to different oils hence checking before using such products are recommended.
It’s always healthier to go natural to preserve our skin, but some of the good brands are ethical enough to use ingredients which are actually chemicals but derived from natural minerals. Mineral makeups wrinkle products have these ingredients to give a better result. We should not wait for the wrinkles to appear and then start caring for our shin but instead start early so that we can stay young longer. Wrinkles in our face are the most worrisome but we should also care about wrinkles that form in different parts of our body. Diet and nutrition correction is necessary for over all care.